Page 24 of 26
Eartip Assembly Replacement
The Eartip Assembly comprises the black Speaker Cover and black Eartip Shaft, as shown below. Under some circumstances, the eartip shaft or speaker cover can become damaged and require replacement. This assembly is available from Thinklabs.
1. Remove the damaged Eartip Assembly by unscrewing the Speaker Cover anti-clockwise as shown. Do not place undue force on the rear silver speaker housing. Simply apply the rotational force needed to unscrew the cover while firmly holding the rear speaker housing pictured above.
2. Attach the new Eartip Assembly by screwing the new speaker cover clockwise onto the rear silver speaker housing. Make sure that the threads are aligned to screw on easily. Grip the Speaker Cover, NOT the Eartip Shaft, when screwing on the assembly to tighten the Cover. Do not over-tighten.
3. Follow the instructions on this page of the User’s Manual for aligning the eartips. Rotate the Eartip Shafts clockwise to align the eartips to face each other.
When using the ds32:
- Avoid wearing the ds32 in a pocket where unusual forces are brought to bear on components. Wearing the ds32 on the shoulders is recommended.
- When attaching and removing the headphones, use 2 hands, rather than “ripping” the headphones from the ears with one hand. This will maintain better headphone alignment and comfort, and cause less wear and tear on eartips and headphone assemblies.